If you mainy have wooden floors in your house, it is best to use a stick vacuum with a soft brush. This type of brush is also called a parquet brush and is often provided with soft bristles that minimizes the risk of scratches. Choose your vacuum cleaner and brush wisley, because It would be such a shame if your vacuum cleaner leaves irraparable scratches on your beautiful floor.
Due to the fact that there are many stick vacuums with a parquet brush, we decided to select the best choices. We looked at, among other things, the supplied accessories, but of course we did not lose sight of some key factors such as the suction performance. Curious about the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors? Check them out below!
Best stick vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors in Singapore in 2022
What is important in a stick vacuum for hardwood floors?
When looking for a new stick vacuum, it is very important to pay attention to its suitability for specific floor types. For example, not every stick vacuum is equipped with a brush with soft bristles that protects a vulnerable floor against scratches.
Not every stick vacuum is equipped with a soft parquet brush that protects a wooden floor against scratches
If you have hardwood floors in particular, it is important to pay attention to the following points:
- Presence of a parquet brush: if you vacuum a hardwood floor with a normal suction brush, a scratch is quickly made. It is therefore important to pay attention to the presence of a parquet brush. These brushes are equipped with soft bristles.
- Maneuverability of the stick vacuum: is the vacuum cleaner easy to operate? Can you make sharp turns without dragging on the ground? There are vacuum cleaners with a 360 degree nozzle: this can be very interesting for hardwood floors.
- Suction power on hard floors: As with a stick vacuum for hard floors, it is important to pay attention to the suction power on hard floors. Besides that, strong suction power is also important for sucking away dirt from the wood grains.
- Extra functions: do you also want to be able to mop your wooden floor? Then it’s smart to take a closer look at the extra functionalities of the stick vacuum, because there are vacuum cleaners that have a nozzle with a mopping function.
What are vulnerable floors?
In the world of vacuum cleaners, “delicate floors” is a much discussed topic. But what exactly is a vulnerable floor? Although we focus on a stick vacuum for hardwood floors in this guide, our findings are also very interesting for the some other floor types, such as:
- Hardwood floors
- Laminate floors
- PVC floors
- Vinyl floors
How we selected the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors
To discover the best stick vacuum for wood floors, we’ve done some thorough research. First of all, we made a selection of stick vacuums that are equipped with a parquet brush. We’ve looked at all the different models and examined them for specific factors, like the suction power on hard floors and the degree of protection of a squeegee.
We investigated these factors
As you have probably already seen above, there are several factors that are very important when choosing a stick vacuum for a hardwood floor. We came to our research findings by paying close attention to the following points:
- Supplied nozzles
- The suction performance on hard floor types
- Vacuum cleaner versatility
- The weight of the vacuum cleaner
- Sound level in decibels
Since we are dealing with a cordless vacuum cleaner, we also looked at the battery life and the charging time.
Different vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors
The stick vacuum cleaner is the main focus for our research, but there are also other models that can be interesting for a hardwood floor. For example, if you don’t like having to charge a battery, a canister vacuum with cord may be a better choice. And do you quickly suffer from an allergic reaction? Then realize that a bagless vacuum cleaner may not be the best option, because emptying a bagless vacuum cleaner is less hygienic than emptying a bagged vacuum cleaner.