Are all vacuum cleaners suitable for hard floors? Well, unfortunately that’s not quite true. If you use the wrong vacuum cleaner, there may be poor a suction power while vacuuming a hard floor, or worse it may cause irreparable damage to vulnerable floors in the form of deep scratches.
If you’re looking for a stick vacuum for hard floors, you’ve come to the right place. We examined the suction performances of popular stick vacuums on hard floors. To get you started, we’ve selected several of our the best picks, including a stick vacuum with a mopping function. Our findings can be found below.
Best stick vacuum cleaner for hard floors in Singapore in 2022
What is important in a stick vacuum for hard floors?
It is very likely that you have hard floors in your home. Think about your kitchen or bathroom where you propably have tiles. Of course, these areas also need to be vacuumed. There are a number of factors that are very important when using a stick vacuum for hard floors. We listed them:
- Good suction on hard floors
- Vacuums easily across the floor
- Doesn’t make much noise on stones or tiles
- A mouthpiece that offers protection
If you take a look at webshops, you mostly able to filter on ‘hard floors’ while searching for a vacuum cleaner. This filter often covers the following floor types:
- Stone floors
- Tile floors
- Concrete floors
- Cast floors
- Wooden floors
Pay extra attention to a hardwood floor
A wooden floor also falls within the category of hard floors. But please pay extra attention while vacuuming this floor since a wooden floor is much more vulnerable than, for example, a stone floor.
For a vulnerable floor, such as a wooden floor, laminate, PVC or vinyl floor, we recommend you to use a soft brush. These brushes are also called a parquet nozzle or a fluffy brush. We carried out a separate study on the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors.
For a vulnerable floor, such as a wooden floor, laminate, PVC or vinyl floor, we recommend you to use a soft brush.
How have we done our research for the best stick vacuum for hard floors
During our research to the best stick vacuum cleaner for hard floors, we have made a selection of some interesting vacuum cleaner types. We then examined these stick vacuums by paying attentions to some important key points. For example, we examined the suction performance on hard floor types, but we also looked at things like battery life and charging time. Because let’s not forget, a stick vacuum is cordless vacuum cleaner.
We looked at the following key factors:
- Suction performance on hard floors: we checked how well the stick vacuum cleaner sucks on, for example, tile floors.
- Maneuverability of the vacuum cleaner: how easily can we move the vacuum cleaner back and forth?
- Degree of protection: we take a close look at the squeegee and see if it can offer protection against vulnerable floors.
- Battery life and charging time: important, considering it is a cordless vacuum cleaner.
- Noise of the vacuum cleaner: we check with a decibel meter how much noise a vacuum cleaner makes. But not only that, we also test the noise of the suction mouth on hard floors.
Other vacuum cleaners for hard floors?
A stick vacuum is an interesting model for hard floors. You don’t have to drag the vacuum cleaner behind you, which can cause even more noise. This is something that can happen when you are using a canister vacuum cleaner. However, please note the following:
Emptying a cordless vacuum cleaner is less hygienic than emptying a bagged vacuum cleaner. If you quickly suffer from an allergic reaction when you come into contact with dust, then only use a vacuum cleaner with a bag.