When you buy a new Dyson vacuum cleaner you will have to take several hundred euros into account. However, there are some ways to save money: you can wait for offers or buy a second-hand Dyson.
However, for some time now there has been another interesting way: a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner. In this article I tell you what a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner is, where you can buy it and what you get exactly.
What is a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner?
You've probably heard of appliances that are “refurbished”. Refurbished literally means reconditioned 1Refurbished Electronics, Wikiepedia.org. In other words: the devices have been brought back into top condition, so that they can be sold as new again. A refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner is therefore a second-hand vacuum cleaner, but which has been completely overhauled.
“Dyson Ceritified Refurbished”
When you buy a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner, it is very important to pay attention to the Dyson Certified Refurbished quality mark. This quality mark is proof that the vacuum cleaner has been revised according to Dyson's guidelines. That would mean:
- The vacuum cleaners are extensively tested by the same employees who also work on new vacuum cleaners
- Only replacement Dyson parts have been used (if required)
- The vacuum cleaner comes with a 6-month warranty.
Dyson reports the following2Dyson Outlet, Dyson.com about refurbished Dyson appliances on its website: “Every machine at Dyson Outlet has been rigorously tested by the same engineers who work on our new machines – with genuine Dyson replacement parts used where needed. Each machine comes with either a six-month or one-year warranty,” said Dyson.
The video below shows how extensively Dyson tests its vacuum cleaners.
Why a refurbished vacuum cleaner is interesting
The choice for a refurbished vacuum cleaner can be very interesting. This way it is not only better for the environment, but you are often much cheaper. And that while you get a vacuum cleaner that should work just as well as a new vacuum cleaner.
The advantages at a glance:
- Cheaper: perhaps the biggest advantage is that you spend much less money than if you bought a new Dyson vacuum cleaner.
- Better for the environment: fewer Dyson vacuum cleaners are thrown away unnecessarily.
- Same quality as new: you enjoy the same quality as a brand new Dyson vacuum cleaner.
To give you an indication of how much cheaper a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner is, I have made a price comparison below.
|Dyson Vacuum||Refurbished Price||Normal Price||Savings|
|Dyson V15||Not yet refurbished||Not yet refurbished||Not yet refurbished|
|Dyson V12 (Absolute)||$649||$529||$120|
|Dyson V11 (Torque Drive)||$499||$329||$170|
|Dyson V10 (Animal+)||$379||$299||$80|
|Dyson V8 (Animal)||$399||$279||$120|
In the above overview I have mentioned which version it concerns, for example the Absolute, Torque Drive or Animal variant. This is important, because it tells more about which accessories you get with it. Learn more about the differences in my “Which Dyson to buy?” article.
Disadvantages of a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner
There are also some disadvantages to buying a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner:
- Shorter warranty: normally the Dyson vacuum warranty is two years on cordless vacuum cleaners. With refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaners, this is only 6 months.
- Signs of use: there is a chance that you will encounter some small signs of use. For example small scratches.
Here you can buy a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner
If you are convinced of the benefits and prefer to buy a cheap refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner instead of a brand new one, you can go to various sales outlets. Because you will not only discover refurbished vacuum cleaners in the Dyson outlet. I do emphasize that it is important to choose a vacuum cleaner with the ‘Dyson Certified Refurbished' quality mark.
Where to buy Dyson remanufactured vacuum cleaners in the United States:
- Dyson outlet: on the Dyson website you will discover a special outlet environment. There is a special refurbished section in this outlet environment. Here you will discover refurbished vacuum cleaners for a much lower price. View at Dyson.
- Amazon: do you prefer to shop via Amazon? Then you can also go there for refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaners on a special page. View at Amazon.
- Ebay: Dyson has a store within Ebay. There you will also discover refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaners for reduced prices. View at Ebay.
Also interesting: put together your own Dyson vacuum cleaner
There is also another interesting way to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner for less. You can buy each Dyson part separately. This allows you to build your Dyson yourself, which is much cheaper. With this you also get a new Dyson vacuum cleaner and you have a longer warranty than with a refurbished vacuum cleaner (one year instead of six months).