🇺🇸 You will discover a wide range at the following web shops in the United States:
A HEPA filter is an important part of the vacuum cleaner. This filter ensures that very small dust particles are filtered out of the air. In this way there is a low dust emission, provided you replace the HEPA filter regularly.
There are many questions about a HEPA filter replacement. How should you replace the filter and how often? In this guide I tell you everything about replacing the HEPA filter.
Why regular replacement of the HEPA filter is important
Let me start with why it is very important to replace the HEPA filter regularly. In the introduction I already indicated that a good filter ensures low dust emissions. If the filter is worn, these emissions can increase. And yes, then you are actually vacuuming for nothing.
Postponing a HEPA filter replacement for too long can result in the following vacuum cleaner problems:
- The filter gets clogged, so the vacuum cleaner no longer sucks
- An increased dust emission, because the filter filters less well in the long run
- Faster chance of allergic reactions while vacuuming
Fact: in many questions I receive about vacuum cleaner problems, the cause appears to be an outdated filter.
How often should you replace the HEPA filter?
The big question is of course: how often should you replace the HEPA filter? The answer to this question largely depends on how you handle the vacuum cleaner and whether it has a washable filter.
If you have a washable filter and clean it regularly (check out what to do here) then its lifespan will be considerably extended. But you will also have to replace these in the long run.
With normal use, my advice is to replace the HEPA filter with a new one at least once a year. If you vacuum more often and on large surfaces (e.g. office spaces), replace it more often.
With normal use, my advice is to replace the HEPA filter with a new one at least once a year.
This is how you recognize whether it’s time for a new filter
There are indications that it may be time for a replacement. I list possible landmarks:
- The vacuum cleaner suddenly sucks less well (loses suction power)
- The filter looks dark and dirty, even if you gently knock it out
- The vacuum cleaner makes loud noise (loud noise than usual)
With the above problems it is time for a new one. Even if this takes place within a year.
How to replace the HEPA filter?
Replacing the HEPA filter is very easy in many cases. The HEPA filter can almost always be found behind the dust container. That is why it is sometimes referred to as an ‘exhaust filter’.
Follow the steps below for a quick and correct replacement:
- Discover where the HEPA filter can be found in your vacuum cleaner
- Open the appropriate cover to remove the filter
- Place the new filter back in the vacuum cleaner in the same way
- Close the lid again, so you can get back to work
Buying a new HEPA filter: you should pay attention to this
If you want to buy a new HEPA filter, there are a number of things you should pay attention to. With the tips below you probably buy the right filter:
- Where possible, always choose a new filter from the same brand as your vacuum cleaner
- Double check with the serial number whether the filter is suitable for your vacuum cleaner
I hope my guide helped you to replace the filter. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me a message!