If you have a Dyson vacuum cleaner, chances are you also use one of the motorized brushes. This type of brush has a roller that rotates when you vacuum. There are several automated brushes with a roller: from a mini brush for pet hair to a soft floor brush with laser for wooden floors.
It is possible that the Dyson brush no longer rotates. As a result, you can no longer vacuum and it is important to solve this problem as soon as possible.
In this article I will tell you why the Dyson brush no longer spins and how you can easily solve this – in many cases.
Causes of a Dyson brush not spinning
There can be several reasons why a Dyson brush suddenly stops turning. For example, my Dyson Omni Glide Review showed that a motorized fluffy brush can get stuck if you use it on deep-pile carpet.
A number of common causes of a defective Dyson roller brush:
- Poor maintenance of the Dyson parts
- Tangles with hair blocking roller brush
- If the Dyson airway is blocked
- Not a good connection of Dyson parts
- Low battery life of your Dyson
- Defective floor brush or worn roller
To find out whether you have a defective floor brush, it is important to first check that it is not just dirty.
Solution: this is how you can make the Dyson brush run again
As I just mentioned, you can no longer vacuum if the brush stops rotating. It is therefore necessary to solve this.
- Disconnect the floor brush from the Dyson vacuum cleaner
- Remove the roller from the floor brush (this is slightly different with every automated floor brush, see here how to replace the Dyson brush bar)
- Check the roller for dirt, including the floor brush itself. Sometimes there may be hairs in openings.
- Remove all visible dirt and put the roller back in the brush when it is clean again (check here how you can best clean a Dyson brush)
- Connect the floor brush back to your vacuum cleaner and check whether it works again.
Roller still not spinning?
The suction brush still does not work? No reason to panic yet. It may have to do with poor connection of parts or too low battery life. Check the following factors:
- Check whether the Dyson vacuum cleaner is charged
- Check that the parts fit together properly
- Do you still have an automated brush? Try this one and check if it works
If you have checked the above points and the brush still does not turn, there is a chance that you need to replace the roller.
|Dyson Fluffy Brush||View compatible brushes|
|Laser Slim Fluffy Brush||View compatible brushes|
|Torque Drive Motorhead||View compatible brushes|
|Mini brush||View compatible brushes|
|Screw-shaped tangle-free brush||Not yet available|
When you buy a new brush, have the serial number of your Dyson vacuum handy to avoid a bad buy. Not sure what type you have? Find out easily in the article Which Dyson do I have?.
When you buy a new brush, have the serial number of your Dyson vacuum handy to avoid a bad buy.
I'd like to end the article with this: I recommend that you give your Dyson a thorough cleaning every now and then. This can prevent many problems, including a jammed roller brush. I've made a complete guide to cleaning a Dyson vacuum, where I help you step by step to a spotless Dyson.