Regular cleaning of the filters of a vacuum cleaner is very important. If you do not do this, the filters may become clogged and there may be increased dust emissions. Although many filters are often washable, it is important to replace them with a new filter in the long run.
There are many questions about a Dyson filter replacement. For example, how often should you replace them? And how do you do this? In this article I tell you everything you need to know.
Why replace a Dyson filter?
As I just indicated, it will eventually be necessary to replace the Dyson filter with a new one. Failure to do so may result in the following problems:
- The Dyson vacuum cleaner can get clogged*
- The Dyson filter filters less well, resulting in increased dust emissions
- The vacuum cleaner may start to smell or make a lot of noise
- The Dyson vacuum battery life can be greatly reduced
* With some vacuum cleaners, the Dyson filter light will light up. Do you have the new Dyson V15? Then you will receive a message on the LCD screen.
How often should you replace the Dyson filter?
An important question is of course how often you should replace the Dyson filter. Dyson reports the following: “We recommend that you replace your filter every 12 months as filters can become clogged with pollutants and even leave unpleasant odors back in the room over time,” says Dyson.
Cleaning the Dyson HEPA filter in between is of course very important. If you don’t do this, there is a good chance that you will have to replace the filter much sooner. You can often wash the filter under the tap, after which you have to let it dry for at least 24 hours.
“We recommend that you replace your filter every 12 months. After a while, filters can become clogged with pollutants and even leave unpleasant odors back in the room.”
Buy a new Dyson filter
You can purchase a Dyson filter at various points of sale, including at Dyson itself. It is very important to pay attention to the following:
- Always go for a filter from Dyson itself
- Have the model number of your vacuum cleaner to hand *
- Buy filters in a set, then you are often cheaper
* It is very important to know which Dyson you have: the type of filters and their replacement differ per model. Get into my article ‘Which Dyson Do I Have?‘ find out which one you have!
Did you find out which one you have? View in the overview below which filter you need for each Dyson series.
|Dyson V8 series||Pre- en Post-filter||ULPA 15||View filter|
|Dyson V10 series||Post-filter||HEPA 13||View filter|
|Dyson V11 series||Post-filter||HEPA 13||View filter|
|Dyson V12 series||Post-filter||ULPA 15||View filter|
|Dyson V15 series||Post-filter||ULPA 15||View filter|
Dyson filter replacement: that’s how you do it!
Replacing a Dyson filter is super easy and requires no technical knowledge. The replacement differs per model. View the correct steps for your Dyson below.
- Step-by-step plan Dyson V6, V7 or V8 filter replacement
- Step-by-step plan Dyson V10, V11 or V15 filter replacement
Dyson V6, V7 and V8 filter replacement
The Dyson V6, V7 and V8 have two filters: a so-called pre-filter and a post-filter. Follow the steps below to replace both Dyson filters.
- Unplug the Dyson
- At the top of the dust container you will discover the pre-filter; pull this out
- Put the new Dyson pre-filter back in properly
- Unscrew the post-filter on the back of the Dyson
- Put the new filter back on
Your vacuum cleaner is now ready for use again.
Dyson V10, V11 and V15 filter replacement
Do you have a Dyson V10, V11 or V15? Then there is one filter, instead of two. You can easily unscrew the filter at the back of the vacuum cleaner.
- Disconnect the Dyson from the charger
- Turn the rear of the Dyson counterclockwise to release the filter
- Fit the new filter on your Dyson vacuum cleaner
In the steps below I show step by step how a Dyson battery replacement works (and how easy this is).
Do you have any additional questions? Feel free to send me a message: I’m happy to help you!