🇺🇸 Check out compatible batteries at these shops in United States:
If you have a cordless vacuum cleaner, you will eventually have to buy a new battery. When you have charged a battery several times, it can lose its power. For example, the battery will have to be charged faster and faster.
If you own a Dyson vacuum cleaner and want to learn everything about replacing your battery, you've come to the right place. I tell you everything you need to know about replacing your Dyson battery.
When to replace a Dyson battery?
When I researched the Dyson vacuum battery life, I found out that the average life is 5 to 6 years. However, it may happen sooner that you have to buy a new Dyson battery. A few pointers:
- The battery life is greatly reduced, even after being fully charged
- The battery takes much longer to fully charge
- The vacuum cleaner no longer sucks or is much less powerful
Can you postpone a replacement?
If your Dyson battery has already lost its power, unfortunately there is still very little you can do and you will really have to buy a new one. However, you can postpone a possible replacement in the future. The usage tips below can ensure that your battery lasts longer.
- Don't constantly put your Dyson on turbo mode
- Only use Dyson parts and attachments
- Cleaning the Dyson vacuum cleaner*
- Check the vacuum cleaner every now and then for blockages
If your Dyson battery has already lost its power, unfortunately there is still very little you can do and you will really have to buy a new one
* Of course you don't have to clean your entire vacuum cleaner every day. Vacuuming itself takes time enough. However, cleaning a Dyson filter on a monthly basis is recommended.
How to choose the right Dyson battery replacement
When it's time for a new Dyson battery, there are two big things to keep in mind. First of all, it is of course important to know which Dyson vacuum cleaner you have. Do not you know that? Check out my guide ‘Which Dyson do I have?‘, where I'll give you a helping hand.
In addition, it is also very important to check which connection you have. There are two types of batteries: a snap-in battery and a battery that is screwed on. When you see a large red button at the bottom of the battery, you have a snap-in battery.
Overview of all batteries per Dyson vacuum cleaner
To help you find the right battery, I have researched all possible variants. In the overview below you will discover per model which versions are available.
|Dyson vacuum cleaner||Snap-in battery||Screw-on battery|
I strongly advise you not to buy a universal battery. Your Dyson vacuum cleaner can break down.
Step-by-step plan: Replace Dyson battery
Once you've found the right Dyson battery, it's time to replace the old one. Fortunately, that is not difficult at all. Watch the video below or follow the steps in my step-by-step plan. This step-by-step plan can be used for any wireless Dyson vacuum cleaner: from the Dyson V6 to the Dyson V15.
- Unplug the charging cable and switch off the Dyson vacuum cleaner
- Disconnect the battery from the vacuum cleaner
- Snap-in battery: press the red button to disconnect the battery
- Screwable battery: on the back of the battery you will discover a screw and two small screws on the bottom of the battery. Unscrew these three screws.*
- Insert the new battery into the vacuum cleaner (click or screw it back on)
- Fully charge the battery before using the Dyson vacuum cleaner again
* The location of the screws is different on the Dyson V6. There are two screws on the back of the battery and one on the front. It is necessary to first remove the dust container from the vacuum cleaner.
I hope my guide has helped you. If you get stuck or have additional questions, send me a message. I would like to help you.