Nothing is more annoying than a vacuum cleaner with a short cord. With a small vacuum cleaner range you have to constantly change the plug. And a cord that is too long can also cause problems: you can pull furniture over or other people can trip over the cord. Cordless vacuuming is the obvious solution.
In this article I'll tell you everything you need to know about cordless vacuuming. I list the advantages and disadvantages (yes, there are…) and discuss with which vacuum cleaners you can vacuum wirelessly
Why cordless vacuuming?
Cordless vacuuming can be desirable in many situations. You are no longer dependent on the length of your cord if you have to vacuum a large room and you can also get started without a socket nearby. Some situations where cordless vacuuming can be interesting:
- Places without a socket nearby: think of vacuuming your car, boat or caravan.
- Physical complaints: if you have difficulty bending over or if you have little strength to remove a plug from the socket.
- Large rooms: in large rooms you often have to change the plug very often, which can be annoying.
- Hard-to-reach places: when you have a lot of furniture in a room, a cord can cause a lot of problems.
Benefits of cordless vacuuming
Vacuuming without a cable has many major advantages. As you can see above, wireless vacuuming can be very interesting in many situations. The biggest advantages at a glance:
- You don't have to change plugs anymore
- Not dependent on the length of the cord
- Vacuuming in places without a power point
- Less chance of accidents at home
A broken automatic cable reel is one of the most common vacuum cleaner problems. You don't have to worry about that anymore :).
Disadvantages of a cordless vacuum cleaner
Unfortunately, there are not only advantages of cordless vacuuming. For example, you always have to take into account a full battery and you can't vacuum indefinitely. The biggest disadvantages of a cordless vacuum cleaner at a glance:
- The vacuum cleaner must always be charged
- You can't vacuum indefinitely
- Over time, a battery can run out faster and faster*
- You often have to wear a cordless vacuum cleaner in its entirety
- Suction power reduced when battery is less full
* Almost all cordless vacuum cleaners nowadays have a Li-ion battery. It is recommended to recharge the battery at 20%. This can have a positive effect on the life cycle of the vacuum cleaner.
Almost all cordless vacuum cleaners nowadays have a Li-ion battery. It is recommended to recharge the battery at 20%.
Which cordless vacuum cleaners are there?
A cordless vacuum cleaner is becoming increasingly popular. In Europe too, the canister vacuum cleaner – also known as a European vacuum cleaner – is increasingly being replaced by a stick vacuum cleaner. There are also many people who opt for a cordless vacuum cleaner ‘as an extra vacuum cleaner'. All cordless vacuum cleaners at a glance:
- Stick vacuum cleaners
- Handheld vacuum cleaners
- Robot vacuum cleaners
- Backpack vacuum cleaners
In addition to the above vacuum cleaners, there are also cordless construction vacuum cleaners, ash vacuum cleaners and hydrogen vacuum cleaners.
Best cordless vacuum cleaner: Here's what you should pay attention to!
Convinced of the advantages of cordless vacuuming? Then of course you want to get the best cordless vacuum cleaner at home! There are a number of important factors to keep in mind:
- Maximum battery life in normal mode
- Charging time for a fully charged battery
- Replaceability of the battery (can you buy a new one?)
- Weight of the vacuum cleaner
Of course, the standard features of a vacuum cleaner, such as weight, noise level and suction performance, are also important not to forget.
Did you know that I also did an extensive research on the best cordless vacuum? You will discover there the best choice at the moment!
Helpful, but you missed many issues. More time needed with battery models as they are much narrower. Not as much suction as a corded model. Dirt stroage limited. Batteries are heavy. Most models need two batteries to get the job done. Battery life is limited. Price for same power is high for the battery models.
Great feedback Bruce.
I will check my article and update it where necessary!