10 Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair (Cat & Dog Hair)
In a hurry? This is the best stick vacuum cleaner for pet hair:
At the time of writing, the Dyson V11 Animal Extra comes out on top in our research on the best upright vacuum cleaner for pet hair. This vacuum cleaner comes with rotating turbo brushes.
Vacuuming dog or cat hair can be a chore. Especially when you are dealing with carpets and fabric furniture. The pet hairs are often not easy to remove with a simple vacuum cleaner.
It is best to vacuum with a rotary suction brush, also known as turbo brushes or even pet hair brushes. You will find them with various vacuum cleaners that have a classification as ‘Animal’ or ‘Pet Hair’ in their product name.
If you’re looking for a stick vacuum you’ve come to the right place: I’ve researched the best stick vacuum for pet hair. In my opinion, a good choice should at least meet the following characteristics:
- Supplied with rotating brushes – these brushes make vacuuming hair a breeze
- Good filters in the vacuum cleaner – this reduces the chance of unpleasant smells and possible allergic reactions
- Various accessories – makes the upright vacuum suitable for different floor types
- Integrated handheld vacuum cleaner – with this you can also easily vacuum furniture to vacuum dog hair and cat hair.
Of course I also looked closely at other important factors of a stick vacuum in general: think of the battery life, the charging time and the weight of the vacuum cleaner.
A summary of the best stick vacuum for pet hair:
- Dyson V11 Animal Extra – Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair in 2021
- Philips Speedpro Max Aqua– Best Stick Vacuum with Mopping-function for Pet Hair
- Rowenta X-Force– Best Flexible Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair
1. Dyson V11 Animal Extra – Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair in 2021
In our opinion, the Dyson V11 Animal Extra is the best stick vacuum for pet hair in 2021. As the name suggests, there is a special version for pets. This has to do with the fact that this stick vacuum cleaner comes with two rotating suction brushes, one of which is a mini turbo brush.
This is a powerful stick vacuum cleaner that allows you to vacuum for 60 minutes without having to recharge. You can operate the vacuum cleaner via an LCD screen on the top of the vacuum cleaner.
Pros of the Dyson V11 Animal Extra:
- Two rotating suction brushes
- Suitable for different floor types
- Also suitable for allergies
- Many types of suction brushes
- Easy to store and charge at the same time
The vacuum cleaner is suitable for many different floor types. This makes it interesting for a very large target group. The vacuum cleaner scores well on hard floors, low-pile, high-pile carpets and wooden floors.
This model includes a lot of accessories. Included are: a turbo brush, soft dusting brush, a crevice tool, motorized mini brush and a combination suction brush. You also get a wall clip: with this you can easily hang the upright vacuum on the wall and charge it at the same time.
We label the Dyson V11 Animal Extra as the best stick vacuum for pet hair at the moment. This upright vacuum comes with two turbo brushes that are directly driven: vacuuming pet hair is child’s play. In addition, the upright vacuum scores very well on various floor types and you get many accessories.
2. Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua – Best Stick Vacuum with Mopping-function for Pet Hair
The Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua Series is the best stick vacuum cleaner with mopping function for pet hair. This stick vacuum cleaner is equipped with a mopping function. You read that right: a vacuum cleaner with which you can also mop!
This stick vacuum cleaner with mopping function comes with a mini turbo brush. With this suction brush you can easily vacuum pet hair, for example dog hair or cat hair, from furniture or carpets.
Advantages of the Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua Series:
- Vacuuming and mopping at the same time
- Supplied with mini turbo brush
- 360 degree suction nozzle with LED lighting
- Good suction performance on various floor types
How exactly does the mopping function work? Good question! The vacuum cleaner comes with a suction and mopping nozzle. This allows you to vacuum and mop in one movement at the same time. You can easily fill the water reservoir. Do you encounter stubborn dirt? Then you can make the floor extra moist with the AquaBoost function.
With this Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua you also get a mini turbo brush and a crevice tool. This makes the upright vacuum very interesting for pet hair.
Looking for a stick vacuum cleaner with mopping function that is suitable for vacuuming pet hair? Then you make the best choice with this Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua. You can vacuum and mop at the same time. With the included mini turbo brush you can easily remove nested animal hairs.
3. Rowenta X-Force Flex 11.60 RH9879 – Best Flexible Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair
The best flexible stick vacuum for pet hair is the Rowenta X-Force Flex 11.60 RH9879. This upright vacuum makes vacuuming even easier: thanks to the flexible vacuum cleaner rod, you can also easily vacuum very difficult places.
The vacuum cleaner comes with a turbo brush and a mini turbo brush: this makes it very suitable for pet hair. In addition to these suction brushes, you get a lot more, including a furniture nozzle and a crevice nozzle.
Advantages of the Rowenta X-Force Flex 11.60:
- Flexible vacuum cleaner rod
- Supplied with turbo brushes for pet hair
- Good battery life and charging time
- Integrated handheld vacuum cleaner
Especially the included turbo brushes makes sure that this vacuum receives a place on this list for the best stick vacuum cleaner for pet hair. These rotating brushes ensure that hairs are practically pulled out of carpets and furniture.
If you especially want to vacuum animal hair in difficult places, you make the best choice with the Rowenta X-Force Flex 11.60 RH9879. The vacuum cleaner rod is flexible: you can bend it to vacuum under a cupboard, for example. The vacuum cleaner comes with two turbo brushes: with these you can easily vacuum pet hair.
How we research stick vacuum cleaners for pet hair
At VacuumTester we have often been able to thoroughly test stick vacuum cleaners. From very popular models from brands like Dyson to the less popular upright vacuum cleaners. Regardless of the model, we always maintain a strict behind-the-scenes research methodology.
With the stick vacuums for pet hair, we looked at, among other things, the performance when vacuuming pet hair, but also the included accessories. For example, a turbo brush supplied is a requirement in our view.
All research factors at a glance:
- Pet Hair Vacuuming Performance: How Well Does a Upright Vacuum Vacuum Dog Hair and Cat Hair?
- Suction power on different floor types: we have tested the stick vacuum cleaners on different floor types.
- Included accessories: we look at what you get with the stick vacuum. Also a turbo brush?
- Vacuum cleaner filters: very important, as a vacuum cleaner for animals can often give off unpleasant smells.
Find out more about how we work at VacuumTester here!
Compare stick vacuum cleaners for pet hair
|1. Dyson V11 Animal Extra||Stick Vacuum||Yes||Yes||No|
|2. Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua||Stick Vacuum||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3. Rowenta X-Force Flex 11.60||Stick Vacuum||Yes||Yes||No|
FAQ about a vacuum cleaner for dog and cat hair
What's the best stick vacuum for pet hair in 2021?
The Dyson V11 Animal Extra is the best stick vacuum for pet hair in 2021. Prefer a stick vacuum with a mopping function for pet hair? Then you better opt for the Philips SpeedPro Max Aqua.
What makes a stick vacuum good for pet hair?
If the stick vacuum is equipped with a turbo brush: this allows animal hairs to be easily removed from, for example, carpet and rugs.
What else is important besides a turbo brush?
In our opinion, a good upright vacuum cleaner for pet hair should also be equipped with good filters. This reduces allergic reactions and the chance of unpleasant odors is a lot less.
How do I recognize a pet hair stick vacuum?
You can often recognize a stick vacuum that is suitable for households with pets by the product name. Here you often come across 'Pet', 'Dog', 'Cat' or 'Animal'. We see that for example with the Dyson V11 Animal Extra.