If there is something annoying while vacuuming, it is a cord that is too short. With a short cord you have to change the plug constantly, so you can’t continue vacuuming. If you don’t want to bother with cables and cords at all, you can opt for a cordless vacuum cleaner. These vacuum cleaners are equipped with a battery, which you can use to vacuum wirelessly for a long time.
I’ve researched the best cordless vacuum cleaner right now. Among other things, I looked at the maximum battery life and the suction power on different floor types. Check out the best picks below!
Best cordless vacuum cleaner in the United States in 2022
Important factors of a cordless vacuum cleaner
With a cordless vacuum cleaner you naturally want to be able to vacuum for as long as possible. Where I look at the maximum cord length with a vacuum cleaner with a cable, I check the maximum battery life with a cordless vacuum cleaner. In many cases, the maximum battery life is between 40 and 60 minutes. It is an important factor to consider when purchasing a cordless vacuum cleaner.
But not only that: you often have to carry a cordless vacuum cleaner in its entirety. Where you can easily drag a canister vacuum cleaner behind you, a cordless vacuum cleaner is often a ‘stick vacuum’. It is therefore still important to take a good look at how heavy the vacuum cleaner actually is. It’s not for nothing that I also highlighted a lightweight choice above.
Research into the best cordless vacuum cleaner
In my research into the best cordless vacuum cleaner, I mainly looked at the battery life, weight and suction power of the vacuum cleaner. By carefully researching these three important points, I was able to list the best choices. I have tried to take various wishes into account. For example, you may also need to be able to mop your floor. Or maybe you think weight is the most important thing, and you are simply looking for the best lightweight choice.
In my research into the best cordless vacuum cleaner, I mainly looked at the battery life, weight and suction power of the vacuum cleaner.
Apart from the specific needs and wishes that may play a role, I have examined the various cordless vacuum cleaners for various factors. I list them below.
- Battery life and charging time: we are dealing with a vacuum cleaner that is equipped with a battery. It is good to know how long the battery lasts and how quickly it is charged again.
- Suction power on various floor types: of course I researched how well a vacuum cleaner performs on various floor types. From hard wooden floors to soft high-pile rugs.
- Included brushes: which suction brushes do you get with it? The more brushes, the more versatile you can use the vacuum cleaner
- Weight: Because a cordless vacuum cleaner is often carried, the weight is very important. You want to be able to vacuum mobile, something that can become very difficult with a vacuum cleaner that is too heavy.
- User-friendliness: how easily can the vacuum cleaner be stored? Can I hang it up and charge it at the same time? I have checked how user-friendly a vacuum cleaner is.
In addition to the above research factors, I also always research factors such as the noise level and the price.
Which cordless vacuum cleaners are there?
More and more we come across vacuum cleaners without a cord. A nice development, if you ask me. You can vacuum much more mobile and you no longer have to take into account a maximum range (the total distance from the plug to the brush). The following vacuum cleaners are all wireless:
- Stick vacuum cleaner
- Handheld vacuum cleaner
- Robot vacuum cleaner
- Upright vacuum cleaner (only popular in America)
A stick vacuum is very popular today. Not very surprising, given that you can not only store these vacuum cleaners easily, but you can also quickly access them. There is also often an integrated handheld vacuum cleaner.