Do you have a dog or a cat running around the house? Then you will undoubtedly have to deal with pet hair. On the cushions, on the couch, under the table and so on. Removing cat or dog hair from fabric furniture can be a tedious job: the hairs often get stuck in the dust, leaving you with endless vacuuming.
Fortunately, there are vacuum cleaners that make vacuuming up pet hair very easy. Some models are equipped with a motorized turbo brush: a rotating brush simply pulls the animal hair from the carpet or from fabric furniture. Does this sound interesting? Then take a look below: we've selected the best bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair and put them together in a overview.
Best bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair in the United States in 2022
Philips FC9745/09 PowerPro Expert
Dyson V11 Animal Extra
What is important in a vacuum cleaner without a pet hair bag
We noticed something in the world of vacuum cleaners: almost every vacuum cleaner for pet hair has a red color. Apart from the color, they often have a number of interesting characteristics. We listed these key factors below:
- Equipped with a pet hair brush: the most important features are the supplied suction brushes. A good vacuum cleaner for pet hair often has a turbo brush: it can be a floor nozzle or a mini brush for furniture. The best pet hair brushes are motorized. The brush rotates and pulls out the cat and dog hair.
- The vacuum cleaner is equipped with good filters: the filters are also very important, because dog and cat hair can cause an allergic reaction. In our opinion, a vacuum cleaner with at least a HEPA 13 filter is needed when you are having pets. It becomes even more interesting if the vacuum cleaner also has an odor filter.
- Is easy to maintain: When constantly vacuuming pet hair, the suction nozzle can quickly become clogged. How easy is the maintainance? Luckiliy, there are brushes which you can make hair-free with only a click. And since we are dealing with a bagless vacuum cleaner, easy emptying of the dust container is also a very important feature.
Why is dog and cat hair removal so difficult?
Many people find it very difficult to remove dog hair and cat hair. And that's not surprising: the hair often hangs in long strands on sofas, in carpets and on pillows. It feels like you've finished vacuuming, but no here they are again!
Pet hair has the annoying habit of clinging to the furnuritre in your house. You will often will find them at the following places:
- Fabric furniture, such as sofa's
- Pillows and rugs
This is how we carry out our research
When selecting the best bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hair, we zoomed in on several features. It is good to know that on vacuumtester.com, we base our findings on actual test reports. We test, examin and review vacuum cleaners by ourselves.
Important Research Factors
- Suction performance: how well does the vacuum cleaner remove pet hair?
- Filtering and dust emissions: what kind of filter does vacuum cleaner have?
- Maintenance: how easy is the maintenance of the vacuum cleaner?
- Maneuverability: can we also easily remove cat hair from furniture?
Of course, in addition to the above factors, we also look at the standard features of a vacuum cleaner. Think of the weight, the noise level and the included accessories of a bagless vacuum cleaner.
Is a bagless vacuum cleaner the best option?
A bagless vacuum cleaner is an interesting choice, there are two types: a canister vacuum cleaner and a stick vacuum cleaner. With a bagless vacuum cleaner you never have to buy vacuum cleaner bags again and this saves you a lot of money in the long run. However, keep in mind that you will have to wash and replace the filters of a bagless vacuum more ofthen than with a bagged vacuum cleaner. This is because the bag of the vacuum cleaner serves as an extra filter.
If you quickly suffer from an allergic reaction when you come into contact with animal hair, consider a vacuum cleaner with a bag.
In addition, emptying a bagless vacuum cleaner is less hygienic than emptying bagged vacuum cleaner. If you quickly suffer from an allergic reaction when you come into contact with animal hair, consider a vacuum cleaner with a bag. Find out more about this topic in our research on the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
With a stick vacuum, you enjoy the advantages of a cordless vacuum cleaner, you no longer have to deal with a maximum cord length and you can often use it as a compact hand vacuum cleaner. In our view, this is therefore a very interesting choice since cat and dog hair can often be found on furniture. Also check out our research on the best stick vacuum for pet hair, where we have listed more vacuum cleaners which are suitable for the removing of pet hair.