Vacuumtester.com is a research website where vacuum cleaners are tested. The investigations at Vacuumtester.com are performed completely independently, with our own measuring instruments and according to a unique research methodology.
Reliable and independent vacuum cleaner research
Vacuumtester.com examines vacuum cleaners from A to Z. A unique research methodology is used for this. A methodology that was born after more than 10 years of experience in the world of vacuum cleaners.
Vacuumtester.com is completely independent. The website is not affiliated with any vacuum cleaner brand. No free vacuum cleaners are accepted: every vacuum cleaner that is tested has been bought with their own money to ensure independence.
- Goal: Helping people discover the best vacuum cleaner that suits their needs and wishes
- Mission: Make it easier to buy vacuum cleaners
- Values: Reliability, transparency and health
- Founded by: Robbert Tigchelaar & Bram Tigchelaar
- Contact: Discover a form on our contact page.
Robbert Tigchelaar, BSc
Robbert Tigchelaar is the face behind Vacuumtester.com, part of the international Vacuum Cleaner Group (VCG).
In 2016 Robbert Tigchelaar graduated from the University of Applied Science in Leiden with a degree in Commercial Economics.
In January 2012, a few years before completing his education, Robbert set up a website about vacuum cleaners together with his brother Bram Tigchelaar. Not for profit, the two brothers researched the best vacuum cleaners on the market.
Back in the days, there was already a lot of thought about how vacuum cleaners could best be researched. And more importantly, how the website could guarantee its complete independence.
Completely independent platform
At Vacuumtester.com we strive for complete independence. We apply a number of rules for this, which we strictly follow in order to guarantee these independently:
- We buy all vacuum cleaners we test ourselves: we do not accept free vacuum cleaners
- We use our own measuring instruments, including a custom-made vacuum tester
- We keep earnings separate internally to prevent influence: for example, researcher Robbert Tigchelaar has no insight into any compensation.
Would you like to learn more about our merits? Then take a look at our transparent disclaimer.
After more than 10 years of experience in testing vacuum cleaners, we know better than anyone what you should pay attention to. We test vacuum cleaners in the most comprehensive and valuable way. For this we use our own measuring instruments and techniques.
In each review we test the following factors:
- Suction performance: we test vacuum cleaners on different surfaces. From short-pile carpet to vulnerable wooden floors. We do this with the help of special floor trays where we use different types of dirt.
- Accessories: Start each review with an unboxing. We look at what you get and how valuable these accessories are. Think of a motorized brush for removing pet hair.
- Usability: how much does a vacuum cleaner weigh? And how much noise does it make? Although a manufacturer indicates this on the packaging, we always do our own research. And yes: in many cases this differs enormously!
- Maintenance: Maintenance of a vacuum cleaner is very important. We check whether filters can be cleaned and how easy it is to empty the vacuum cleaner.
It is good to know that we are constantly testing and optimizing our research methodology with new technologies.
Expert advice for the right vacuum cleaner
After testing an incredible number of vacuum cleaners and years of experience, Robbert Tigchelaar is the right place for expert advice.
Personal advice for a vacuum cleaner? Then fill out this questionnaire.
Would you like to get in touch with Robbert Tigchelaar directly? Then you can reach him via [email protected] Keep in mind that even though he reads all emails, he can’t answer them all personally.
Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam
File number: 7672510